As I've told many of you, God has been so gracious in his provision for this year so far. He is constantly revealing more of Himself to me and surprising me with encouragement from unexpected places. I'm beginning to fall in love with this process, though it's hardly started. Thanks to everyone reading for your support and encouragement. Your prayers are SO valuable to me. They are powerful and they are working-- I can't emphasize that enough.
Graduation is this weekend, which is also hard to believe. These last four years have flown by, and God has grown me so much as a person throughout my college career. Last week, I was able to attend the CRU Legacy Dinner (a dinner honoring seniors involved in CRU). It was surreal to be sitting in the UARK Bowl again, four years older and just a little wiser--I still remember attending my first CRU weekly meeting as a freshman. Had you told me at the beginning of college I'd be going to Italy as a missionary after graduation, I probably would have laughed. But God does have a sense of humor, right?
My prayer upon entering college in making life plans has been Proverbs 3:5-6..."Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight." Many of us have heard this verse so many times before, but it never loses its impact.
Just wanted to close this post with a few prayer requests:
- Praise God for his provision so far! As of right now, I'm on target with support goals, which is an incredible encouragement and blessing.
- Pray for the remainder of the appointments I have in Fayetteville--God's blessing on conversations and continued provision.
- Pray for my team as they continue with the support raising process--that we would all reach full support by August 1. And, more than anything, pray that God would both prepare our hearts for our time in Italy and continue working in students' hearts in Bologna.
John 10:10
Elizabeth, I am so proud of both your faithfulness to do the hard work, and of your holding this entire process with open hands. You are an amazing woman; the Italian students are going to be blessed by the Christ coming from within you!
ReplyDeleteSee you tomorrow? :)
Mary