Sunday, June 19, 2011

More Encouraging News

I'm going to keep this post pretty short, but I want to share more encouraging news with you about what God has done in the last week. As I've mentioned in some of my other posts, college students are on summer projects right now in several different places throughout Italy, including Bologna. Last week, I got a message from the director of the ministry in Bologna with some very encouraging news--an Italian girl prayed to receive Christ! Praise God for what he's doing in Bologna, and please continue to pray for staff in Bologna as they work with the students there.

Also, I wanted to include a link to the website for Agape Italia. They recently updated the site, and it has a lot of interesting information about the ministry and Italy. The Jesus Film Project (part of Campus Crusade) introduced the Maddalena Film in Italy in April 2010. Agape Italia and Jesus Film staff have shown and distributed the film through churches, special events and other Christian ministries. I think I might have misinformed some of you about Agape Italia locations throughout Italy. Here's some more information on the Bologna ministry specifically, and a map of the cities throughout Italy with Agape Italia staff. 

Personally, this week I've been continuing to meet new people, contacting extended family who live in different parts of the country and connecting with people in the Little Rock area. I've also had a few conversations with several of my parents' friends from staff--it's been wonderful to hear their encouragement and hear more about their lives. Not too much different from the usual routine, and again, thank you for all of your prayers.

A few prayer points for this week...
Florence
December 2010
  • Praise God for what He's doing in Bologna and for His provision!
  • Continue to pray for students and staff in Bologna and throughout Italy. Also pray for my STINT team as we prepare for the upcoming year. 
  • Please continue to pray for full support in-hand by or before August 1 for me and my STINT team. Pray that we would all reach 50% of our support by July 1. Please continue to pray that God would provide committed monthly supporters and more contacts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment